Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Loelya's C4C [OPEN] by Loelya

Artist Loelya [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
32 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Loelya's C4C [OPEN]

Postby Loelya » Sun May 19, 2024 6:07 pm

hello!! I've been meaning to do this for a while! ^u^ I would be so thrilled if anyone was interested in swapping some character designs with me. this is what's called a "character-for-character," sometimes abbreviated "C4C" ~ C:

This is how I usually see these go:
you'll aim to design a character that aligns with my interests (will be listed below!)
if I like it/want to keep it, I'll design a character for you in return as a trade ^o^
(you should also list your interests when you post!)
if I don't "claim" your design, then you can just keep/sell instead, or whatever you'd like to do!

- - - -
Some info before we start:
- I'm an adult! I am like quite an adult. xD if you're at all uncomfortable associating/interacting online with people outside of your peer group age-wise, I totally respect that and I just want to give you the heads up that you might want to skip over me if that's the case. ^^

- I HAVE A PHOBIA OF CENTIPEDES/MILLIPEDES. :'D
please I beg of you don't design me anything using motifs from these creatures. they are obvs very cool critters I just can't bear looking at them lol. literally anything else is cool (I even like stuff like scorpions/spiders/etc)

- if it's not okay with you for me to do things like use the character in writing, videos, social media posts, etc, I'd rather you either be up front about this or potentially even avoid entering. :0c I will never do anything "commercially" without express permission, but I do like to use my characters in public-facing ways and would love to include them in my OC projects. I will always credit you as the designer as well of course. c:

- addendum to the point above, please let me know where you'd like to be credited as the creator of your design. :3 (if it's not your CS profile, I'll need the name of whatever social/website you'd like to be linked at)
- - - -

For Human/Humanoids:

- natural-colored skintones (anything you'd see in the real world)
- fantasy features/qualities (animal ears, horns, wings, tails, unusual eyes, halos, powers, etc)
- colorful clothes or hair or other features - I love blue, gold, green, teal, purple, maroon, peach, and most pastels.
- freckles / curls / scars / other skin markings
- diverse body types
- themed designs like medieval fantasy / steampunk / cyberpunk / merfolk / celestial / etc

Dislikes:
- unnatural-colored skintones (blue, purple, green, etc)

(I'll make exceptions for completely-neutral skintones like gray or eigengrau)
- wrong-number-of-fingers (three-fingered hands, seven-fingered hands, etc)
(does not apply to scarred or missing fingers!)
- eyeburn red or orange
- single eye / cyclops
- multiple heads
- strange things in place of the tongue like tentacles / eyes / stingers / etc
- centipedes/millipedes (phobia, as mentioned above)
- entirely grayscale palettes

For Creatures/Ferals:

- blue/green/gold markings (maybe warm blues specifically?) or aquatic themes (or both!)
- other types of colorful markings esp if used as accents against warm browns/blacks/grays
- natural-shapes markings like spots / stripes / socks / point coloration / eyespots / etc
- symbol-based markings like stars / seashells / hearts / bones / etc
- cats, dragons, birds, deer, or ambiguous species. canines are like just-okay for me xD
(but if that's all you're comfortable with then go for it!)

Dislikes:
- unnatural non-symbol markings like trapezoids / X's /circuits / spirals / circus makeup / etc
- eyeburn red or orange
- single eye / cyclops
- multiple heads
- strange things in place of the tongue like tentacles / eyes / stingers / etc
- centipedes/millipedes (phobia, as mentioned above)

No anthros please! just not my preference ~ c:
I am happy to design either a humanoid or a creature as a trade back!
please do specify a preference if needed but I can also surprise you if you like.

if you're designing a human/oid, I'm happy to accept bust-only designs if you're not comfortable with fullbodies. ^^ for creatures though please include a fullbody so I can see all the markings.

- - - - - - - - -

my turnaround time will probably be around 2 weeks maximum! C: if you don't hear from me/don't receive a comment from me within a week's time, then feel free to keep/sell/trade/use for another purpose entirely.

you are welcome to enter either on-oekaki by coloring-in, or off oekaki by posting in the comments! ^^ I will be creating my return designs off-oekaki, so I will just post to your thread in the comments if you color-in here.

Here are some of my examples!

Human/oid designs:
solar steampunk - villain lol - midriff showing

Creature designs:
my brizo - on-base work - closed species comm

- - - - - -
Finished Replies

Image Image Image
Last edited by Loelya on Wed May 29, 2024 5:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Loelya's C4C [OPEN]

Postby jennfreckles » Sun May 19, 2024 6:47 pm

mark

┌─────────────────────────────┐
Art shop
Free sketches
Toyhou.se
Deviantart
Trello To-Do List
Discord: Jennfreckles#1862 // jennfreckles
⋙⋆⋙⭐︎⋙✦❤✦⋘⭐︎⋘⋆⋘
♌︎ - ♫ - ♀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
- - - ▯ - ▯- ▯ - ▯ - ▯

└─────────────────────────────┘
jennfreckles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crowthefrostyfloof » Sun May 19, 2024 7:24 pm

Mark!
crowthefrostyfloof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BunnyBeam » Sun May 19, 2024 9:03 pm

Markig!!
Bunny - adult - 24/7 tired - art
ToyHouse

BunnyBeam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Sun May 19, 2024 11:22 pm

Mark!:D
Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby COOLDOGOOO » Mon May 20, 2024 12:30 am

marking! <3
JUST CAME BACK FROM HIATUS !
Coming back after a hiatus! I didn't check my oekaki notifs, and had 1k+ unread. I don't have the time to check them all, unfortunately, so if there is something you'd like me to check/be aware of, please PM me! <33 I hope you understand! (art coms are still open, for USD only and considering c$)

my toyhouse <3

Check out Vidapup's free
sig pets
! <3

Please consider commissioning me; I appreciate it a lot! <3

had last 1426 oekaki
COOLDOGOOO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sin Tsukino » Mon May 20, 2024 6:20 am

https://toyhou.se/27347992.c4c-entry

Here's my entry! I actually don't need anything in return if you claim, this was nice design practise. I noticed we had a ton of similar likes so I wanted to give it a go :3 I made two entries but ngl I really like the top entry I kinda wanna keep but I have so many characters xD I can obviously split them it was just easier to upload them together for now
ImageImage

ImageImage Image Image Image--Toyhou.se Art shop
PFP by Driftlord on here!

Sorry in advance if I forget things, feel free to poke and remind me. Struggling with life at the moment.
Sin Tsukino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Mon May 20, 2024 7:17 am

Sin Tsukino wrote:https://toyhou.se/27347992.c4c-entry

Here's my entry! I actually don't need anything in return if you claim, this was nice design practise. I noticed we had a ton of similar likes so I wanted to give it a go :3 I made two entries but ngl I really like the top entry I kinda wanna keep but I have so many characters xD I can obviously split them it was just easier to upload them together for now

omg 👀 Im ngl I really like that top design too LOL but I don't wanna take it from you if you think you'd enjoy keeping them! C:

depending on what your call is, are you sure I couldn't convince ya to let me make you something in return? ^u^ if you really don't want a design, I could make you an art piece for an existing character of yours if you'd like instead!
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sin Tsukino » Mon May 20, 2024 8:06 am

Loelya wrote:
Sin Tsukino wrote:https://toyhou.se/27347992.c4c-entry

omg 👀 Im ngl I really like that top design too LOL but I don't wanna take it from you if you think you'd enjoy keeping them! C:

depending on what your call is, are you sure I couldn't convince ya to let me make you something in return? ^u^ if you really don't want a design, I could make you an art piece for an existing character of yours if you'd like instead!

How about you have them but if you decide to part ways with them you let me know and I'll have them back (paying extra if you have commissioned art obviously). I pictured when they swim they leave little star/dots behind them in a trail ^^

You could do some art if you really want but honestly there's no need, our likes align so I thought it would be fun to design for you and it was! What's your th by the way I'll split the characters into their own profiles and send them over to you
ImageImage

ImageImage Image Image Image--Toyhou.se Art shop
PFP by Driftlord on here!

Sorry in advance if I forget things, feel free to poke and remind me. Struggling with life at the moment.
Sin Tsukino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Mon May 20, 2024 8:30 am

Sin Tsukino wrote:How about you have them but if you decide to part ways with them you let me know and I'll have them back (paying extra if you have commissioned art obviously). I pictured when they swim they leave little star/dots behind them in a trail ^^

You could do some art if you really want but honestly there's no need, our likes align so I thought it would be fun to design for you and it was! What's your th by the way I'll split the characters into their own profiles and send them over to you

awww haha I really appreciate it but I would truly feel bad if I took them only to know I'm letting their own creator pine for them in the meantime! xD <3 just go ahead and keep ahold of them and maybe sometime I could just draw them for fun and send you the art as a gift. C: thank you so much for entering regardless! you made such lovely lil creatures ^o^
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups